Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Making Flash Cards

I truly believe that once you're a teacher, you are always a teacher. I spent some time this afternoon making dolch word cards. I have been retired for seven years this May and I have spent five of those years tutoring children at school in reading. Now my husband and I are getting ready to go work with children in another area. That means I am getting my "teacher stuff" ready. I will put away my machines and craft things for a few days and get in the teacher mode. Who knows, I might just need to be an encourager or someone to give or receive an extra hug. Isn't that what good teachers do anyway? Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're both going to be great! Have fun!
Susan

Janet said...

Thanks. Just keep us in your prayers. Hope to have lots to share with you.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. I have several friends who go to that area every summer for a mission trip. I always hear how they really need God and support. I'll be praying for you both. Love ya.

Julie