Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day



Father's Day is a day we celebrate the lives of our fathers. My dad is no longer with us, but I have great memories.

I must say that today I am thankful for the father that my husband has been to our two daughters. He was and still is always there for them and me as well. When the girls were growing up, I remember he would tell me we have to give them independence along the way. We can't wait until they go off to college. That was hard the first time they drove somewhere by themselves while still in high school. It was wise of him and we now have two very independent daughters. I must say they love their dad and are thankful for the Christian example he has always set for them.


My husband loves sweets, so I made a coco cola chocolate cake from scratch for him to enjoy on his special day.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yum! Can you share with your friend?

Janet said...

I would love to share with you!

Susan said...

Well said, Mom. He is the best Dad ever! :)

Anonymous said...

Aunt J,
Please email me this recipe. It looks wonderful. I have one to share with you as well. Donovan's Mom makes a triple chocolate bundt cake that's so good. Let me know if you're interested!!-Love Karen