Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pillowcase Dresses



I am a list maker. I always had lists when I taught school and then at home. I still like to make them so I can mark things off as I accomplish them. Today I got to mark off 2 things. The first was that I filed our taxes. YEA! The second was that I finished these 2 dresses.

Now getting to the dresses. My husband and I do not have any grandchildren, but we have lots of great nieces and nephews. The latest addition on his side of the family is Hannah. Hannah Kate just turned 1 and was adopted from China. Her older sister, Lydia will be 3 in May. I usually make most of our baby gifts so I couldn't make a dress for Hannah and not one for Lydia. I chose pink and white seersucker fabric. I appliqued a flower and did their name in a bright green. I would have preferred to use a bright green ribbon for the tie.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Those are so pretty! What a great job.