Saturday, March 10, 2012

Painting Pots

I have had these ficus trees for almost 15 years and I needed to put them in larger pots. I kept putting it off because I didn't want to have buy new pots.

 I found these pots that were behind our firewood. I searched and found out how to paint plastic pots.
 My husband washed them for me. This is a before picture so that is why it is dirty.
 The article I read said to buy krylon spray paint. I found a terra cotta color and then followed the directions. If you have not used the trigger attachment, buy one the next time you use spray paint. The paint goes on much smoother and your hand isn't tired after one application.
 I sprayed the outside and about 6 inches on the inside.
It dries quickly, so I turned it over and sprayed the bottom.

The next day I put the plants in the painted pots. The paint was around $5.00 and new pots that size would have cost me at least $50.00. I was so proud that I saved at least $45.00. Now I need to clean my back patio after seeing these pictures.

No comments: