Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cake in a Mug

We love sweets at our house, but we just don't need them. Since I am not working full time I have enjoyed baking and cooking more and that means we eat more. That is not a good thing. A friend had told me about a cake in a cup recipe that was simple and satisfying so I tried it and we enjoyed it.
This is the final cake in a cup at our house.
You must use an Angel Food cake mix and any other
cake mix of your choice. I love chocolate and this is
what I had on hand. It made my decision an easy one.
You combine your two cake mixes together in a gallon
Ziploc bag. Make sure they are mixed well.
You will need to measure 1/3 cup of the mixture and add
to a cup or mug that is microwavable.
Add 3 tablespoons of water.
Mix very well and microwave for 1 minute.
This is what your cake will look like after being cooked.
I had some lite cool whip and added that on top. Some
ice cream would be good too.

My husband and I have enjoyed this simple, but delicious
dessert. You try it and let me know what flavor of cake
mix you  use. I think I want to try lemon next.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I like that idea. Wouldn't that be fun and convenient to have on hand for grand babies? How long will the mixes stay good in the bag?

Janet said...

I'm not sure how long the mixes last, but I would think a good while. Wouldn't it be fun to let them decorate they're own cake?