Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fresh Blackberry Cobbler

My husband planted blackberries in the fall of 2010.  This is the first year that we have had a lot of berries. I made a cobbler to share on Mother's Day and I have so many berries in the freezer that I will use to make jam. The cobbler recipe is a combination of two recipes. One is very old and the other is from Pioneer Woman.
 This is a picture of some of our vines where you can see a few ripe berries and others that are still red.
           I measured out 2 cups of berries and washed them really well.
 The recipe is very easy. Measure a cup of  self rising flour.
 Add a cup of sugar.
 Add a cup of whole milk and stir until smooth.
 Melt 1/2 stick of butter in baking dish.
Add the flour, sugar, and milk mixture to the butter.
 Put the berries on top of mixture. DO NOT STIR!

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. This is delicious with vanilla ice cream. You can also use canned fruit or other fresh fruit. Enjoy!

No comments: